Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Holiday in Hua Hin

     If you have been thinking of going on a holiday to Hua Hin Thailand, I would just like to say that I would recommend it. I was just there in October of 2018 for 9 days with my family. Fist of all, they have a nice airport that we did not get to use this time, but I am sure we will take advantage of this in the future. We flew into Don Muang Airport in Bangkok from Chiang mai Thailand which is only about an hour flight because there are no longer direct flights offered.. We were picked up by a real nice van and taken to our hotel in Hua Hin. It is less than a three hour drive and there are a number of things to look at, so the drive was enjoyable. Of course looking at the new buildings that have gone up in Bangkok are always interesting because they are able to put them up so quick. Then, once you get out of the city, it is nice to look at the country side while going to Hua Hin. The driver stopped anytime we requested to stretch our legs or get a drink.
     We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel. I was told that it was convenient because it was down town Hua Hin, but it was actually a couple kilometers from down town which meant I had to rent a car or take taxis. I chose to rent a car because it was easier and less expensive. As far as the quality of the hotel is concerned, it couldn't get much better. If you are with your family and not looking for a adventurous night life, it is perfect. The rooms were very clean and had what you would expect from a five star hotel. A bath tub big enough for two is always a nice way to finish a day. Plus, part of the wall would slide out of the way so you could watch TV while taking a bubble bath. The beds were surprisingly so soft and made for a great nights sleep. In the morning we went to the breakfast buffet. The only problem with the breakfast buffet was that my Dad gained 17 lbs and I gained about the same. It was great. The bread variety was better than most bakeries. The western, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai sections were of course done up by chefs. The varieties of fresh juice that was available was enough to keep everyone happy. I could write for an hour about the buffet. The hotel had a kids room that was filled with all the modern toys that I have no idea how to play. The playground included a few trampolines that my daughter loved. There were staff who watch the kids and would not let them leave unattended.The game room next to the bar in the lobby had pool, air-hockey, and darts. The pool was the biggest pool I have ever swam in. It too was perfectly clean and we spent the majority of the holiday in it. The 2 for 1 Draft beer by the pool was taken advantage of or maybe even abused a couple of days. Towels, goggles, and floating rafts were provided. If you wanted to bye a huge blow-up swan or pineapple to play in the pool with, they too were available at the bar by the pool. One thing that my parents mentioned was how friendly all the staff were. I  mean every single person, no matter what their job, was very polite. That sure makes a difference when your on holiday.
     In the evenings we went to dinner most of the time in the city. There are great places to eat and we did not have one bad experience at any of them. So if your going to Hua Hin, I hope you have a good time because I know it is easy to do




.

1 comment:

Chotiwit Pattarapipatdamrong said...

interesting trip , I saw your post then I really wane go soon because I never go there before. How ever what is you best impressive thing in there.